Roller glue application machine RB
Roller glue application machine for dispersion adhesives
Used for full-surface wetting of the dispersion adhesive on foam sheets for assembly in multi-layer mattresses. Universally suitable for any fiber-free materials in a rectangular or square sheet format.
- With roller application system for polychloroprene and acrylate dispersions
- Various roller diameters available for different sheet geometries
- Economic full-surface adhesive application
- Precise gap adjustment
- Dynamic drive system for wave geometries
- Integrated cleaning assistant
- Mattress manufacturers, packaging industry, automotive industry
- PU foam, Visco foam, latex foam
- 1000 – 2000 mm, Option 2200 mm
- 800 – 2200 mm
- 10 – 300 mm
- up to 30 m/min.
- cross transport
- height adjustment
- TEC roller
- Automatic length and width detection
- Adhesive conveyor system
- Siemens controls
- B-Con remote maintenance
- Cleaning assistant with or without cleaning tank
- Adhesive tank platform
- Programmable length and width adjustment
- LAM-Tronic wave drive
The adhesive is applied to the surface by means of two counter-rotating stainless-steel rollers. The fine adjustment of the opening gap for adhesive dosing is enabled by the adaptable bearing of the rollers. The adhesive filling of the roller system works fully automatically and is regulated by means of continuous level monitoring via sensors. Scrapers are attached to the front sides of the shafts which stop the adhesive from leaking. A flexible pivoting device ensures that only one roller is engaged both in the forward and return motions. This guarantees continuously consistent and reproducible wetting.
Adjustment to product dimensions
- Automatic length, width, and height detection: The height of the sheet to be glued is automatically detected by a sensor in the glue tower. A sensor is attached to the conveyor belt in the roller tower to determine the length. The length is determined by the conveyor drive position monitoring. Successive varying sheet dimensions are possible in conjunction with the integrated height detection in the height adjustment. Transverse movement over the maximum possible width of the sheets makes a width measurement obsolete. As a result, no glue is wasted; the application is only carried out upon contact between the roller and sheet.
- Programmable height and width adjustment: The dimensions of the sheet to be glued can be entered and saved via the control panel. As a result, sheets which cannot be reliably measured due to their geometry and/or surface texture can still be glued. In addition, the cycle time can be reduced by eliminating the measurement and reducing the cross travel.
Adhesive conveyor system
The adhesive feed in the roller system is regulated automatically via a fill level sensor. There are two options for this:
- Gravity feed: The delivery pressure in the hose is generated by the height difference between the adhesive tank and the output point. The material flow is regulated in the stainless-steel and Teflon elements via a pressure-controlled stainless-steel ball valve.
- Pump feed: The adhesive is delivered via a pump multi-valve system. This version is particularly suitable for processing thermo-activated adhesives
Cleaning assistant with cleaning tank
Fully installed water supply within the system, with manually deliverable, stainless distribution bar for cleaning the roller system when inoperative.
LAM-Tronic wave drive in in conjunction with programmable length and width adjustment
Additional sensors installed on the TEC roller continuously determine the distance between the engaged roller and the sheet during the cross drive. The height adjustment of the TEC roller is dynamically adapted to the sheet profile based on this monitoring. Different wave profiles can be processed; thin rollers (Ø138.5) can be used for shorter wave lengths.