Roller and bead glue application machine Twinglue
Combined glue application machine for dispersion and hot-melt adhesives
Hot-melt application for square and rectangular sheet products, dispersion adhesion in full-surface roller application. Universally applicable for either sheet or core coating with dispersion or hot-melt adhesive
- Compact design
- Use of cold and heat-activated dispersion adhesive and hot-melt adhesive
- Quick switch from one adhesion process to another
- Economical adhesive application (roller application for dispersion adhesive, bead application for hot-melt adhesives
- Intelligent control with constant component query and report system
- Mattress manufacturers, foam manufacturers
- PU foam (flat and profiled), Visco foam, latex foam, textiles (from t = 10 mm)
- 1000–2000 mm, Option 2200 mm
- 800 – 2200 mm
- 10 – 300 mm
- up to 30 m/min.
- Siemens controls
- B-Con remote maintenance
- cross transport
- height adjustment
- TEC roller
- Automatic length and width detection
- Adhesive conveyor system
- Lifting frame with manual or automatic height adjustment
- 5–7 nozzles per glue head for bead application
- Glue heads can be installed as fixed, oscillating, or movable
- Corner drive glue head
- Cleaning assistant with or without cleaning tank
- Adhesive tank platform
- Programmable length and width adjustment
- LAM-Tronic wave drive
- Intermittent or oscillating bead application
- Variable number of bead lines
- Programmable width and height adjustment
The adhesive is applied to the surface by means of two counter-rotating stainless-steel rollers. The fine adjustment of the opening gap for adhesive dosing is enabled by the adaptable bearing of the rollers. The adhesive filling of the roller system works fully automatically and is regulated by means of continuous level monitoring via sensors. Scrapers are attached to the front sides of the shafts which stop the adhesive from leaking. A flexible pivoting device ensures that only one roller is engaged both in the forward and return motions. This guarantees continuously consistent and reproducible wetting.
Adhesive conveyor system (dispersion)
The adhesive feed in the roller system is regulated automatically via a fill level sensor. There are two options for this:
- Gravity feed: The delivery pressure in the hose is generated by the height difference between the adhesive tank and the output point. The material flow is regulated in the stainless-steel and Teflon elements via a pressure-controlled stainless-steel ball valve.
- Pump feed: The adhesive is delivered via a pump multi-valve system. This version is particularly suitable for processing thermo-activated adhesives
Cleaning assistant with cleaning tank
Fully installed water supply within the system, with manually deliverable, stainless distribution bar for cleaning the roller system when inoperative.
LAM-Tronic wave drive in combination with the programmable length and width adjustment
Additional sensors installed on the TEC roller continuously determine the distance between the engaged roller and the sheet during the cross drive. The height adjustment of the TEC roller is dynamically adapted to the sheet profile based on this monitoring. Different wave profiles can be processed; thin rollers (Ø138.5) can be used for shorter wave lengths.
Glue heads (bead application)
The quickly replaceable glue heads are attached suspended over the product to be processed. An integrated distribution system distributes the material flow to various glue nozzles. From these, the heated adhesive flows out as beads in a regulated manner. The product is covered with 5 to max. 7 neighboring adhesive bead lines per glue head. The glue heads are attached to a transverse profile. There are three options for this:
- Fixed: The individual heads can be freely positioned along the profile by slightly loosening the screw connections.
- Oscillating: Another profile is attached on guide rails on a transverse profile on the lifting frame. The sliding bearing profile can be stimulated to oscillate via a servomotor with appropriate translation of rotary to translational movement. The glue heads are fixed to this. The individual heads can be freely positioned along the profile by slightly loosening the screw connections.
- Movable: The glue heads are attached in a flexibly movable manner. Each glue head is equipped with a servomotor. Each head can be individually controlled and positioned via a rack and pinion system.
- Even bead application: The product is evenly covered in neighboring adhesive bead lines.
- Intermittent bead application: The nozzles are closed and re-opened in defined time intervals so that a dotted bead line pattern is created on the surface to be glued.
- Oscillating bead application: The glue heads of the surface application are laterally swung back and forth during the gluing process so that the glue is spread on the product in a sine curve pattern.
- Variable number of bead lines: The glue heads are equipped with an additional valve which is electrically controlled. This enables you to switch on just some of the nozzles instead of the entire nozzle row in a glue head. The number of beads per application line can also be varied within one production cycle.
Adjustment to product dimensions
- Automatic length, width, and height detection: A sensor located in the glue tower measures the height of the sheet to be glued. The width of the sheet to be glued is automatically detected during the transverse movement by a sensor on the movable corner head. A sensor is attached to the conveyor belt in the glue tower to determine the length. The length is determined by the conveyor drive position monitoring. Successive varying sheet dimensions are possible in conjunction with the integrated height detection.
- Programmable height and width adjustment: The dimensions of the sheet to be glued can be entered and saved via the control panel. As a result, sheets which cannot be reliably measured due to their geometry and/or surface texture can still be glued. In addition, the cycle time can be reduced by eliminating the measurement and reducing the cross travel (roller application).